While many hunker down with blankets and hot chocolate during the colder months, many others like to travel or have to travel for business reasons. Traveling to New York City, or anywhere else for that matter, may seem like a hassle during the winter, but these tips can help you keep your sanity and make your trip easier.
- Always leave earlier, no matter where you’re going. With winter comes delays. Expecting them can save you a lot of trouble.
- Pack light. Hauling around a lot of luggage during the wet, cold months is no fun.
- Fly nonstop whenever possible. Getting stuck while in a connecting airport due to winter weather is a tremendous pain, and hotel rooms can become scarce very quickly.
- Book morning flights. That way, if your flight is cancelled or delayed, you will have more options for alternate flights and/or hotel accommodations in New York and elsewhere. There are fewer flights and rooms available as the day wears on.
- Don’t wrap your holiday gifts! If you’re flying, airport security will inevitably unwrap them. Save yourself the headache and wrap when you get to your destination.
- If you’re flying, sign up for airline alerts. That will give you the latest updates on flights. Better to know about delays BEFORE you get to the airport.
With these simple tips, you can take the sting out of winter travel. And if you;re coming to New York, visit us on Facebook or the Holiday Inn Manhattan View website and book a room! We’re just minutes from Manhattan.